Millennium Minerals Limited has a policy of promoting mutual understanding and respect with all communities and stakeholders within the area in which we operate.
Millennium is an active participant in the economic and social wellbeing of the communities in which it operates, at a level appropriate and achievable with each particular operation.
Millennium has a policy of giving preference to local employment consistent with the skills, safety and occupational health standards set by the Company.
The Company will seek to utilise local and regional service suppliers consistent with sound commercial practice.
We recognise, that in order to get the community support we enjoy, we need to make a difference to the sustainable standard of living in these communities.
To this end Millennium has supported a number of initiatives to date including:
- Royal Flying Doctor Service in Western Australia
- Nullagine Local Police and Nurses Stations
- Nullagine Remote Community School: access of support for school development, NAIDOC Day celebrations, and proposed Work Experience programs for leaving students
- Nullagine Community Fire Brigade and ERT support services for the great Nullagine and Marble Bar communities
- Attendance at community meetings
- NAIDOC Day festivities for the Nullagine community
- ANZAC Day service: supply of catering, participation in the service and returned services parade.
- Mine site visits for local community & town activities